The Book of Ra Deluxe slot machine might be the follow up to the well known original 9 payline game, but it’s by far the much more well loved game. For good reasons.
With its Egyptian theme, and main character that was clearly heavily inspired (cough*copy*cough) by the Indiana Jones film series, this Novomatic game is instantly recognisable.
Because chances are, if you’ve been a real money slots gambler for a while, you’ve played on the casino floor and found the big wins in its 5 reels. And never forgotten them.
Unlike many sequels, the Book of Ra Deluxe slot is far better than the original and gives you more chances for big wins, mostly because of the re-triggerable free spins and, but really because of all those expanding scatters.
You’ll find the popular Ace through 10 slot symbols as well as the main character (we’ll call him Dave, cause we can), plus scarab beetles, and golden statues on display here. The whole theme screams Egypt of old and treasure hunting.
However there is one symbol that you will be on the look for to send you into the free spin bonus round.
It is the Book of Ra symbol itself that you will be hoping to catch, with three anywhere on the five reels giving you a starting 10 free spins. This is where things get a very interesting.
Because before that you can feel like your spinning and ageing older than a mummy without getting much of anything. So save your budget, because you’ll be glad for the free spins.
Here you’ll get a randomly selected slot symbol to become an extra scatter symbol that expands across the reels.
Part of you will be wanting to get a low paying symbol, that shows up often, so you get lots of 3 and 4 of a kind wins to top you up. The other part will want a high paying symbol, so when they do show up on the reels and expand, it will give you the Tutankhamun of wins.
Not to mention that if you find another three book symbols you get 10 more spins. Not easy, but we’ve seen it happen.
This is one highly volatile slot where big wins are possible, where you’ll get long periods of winnings, heating up beautifully…. to nothing or barely giving you your bet back.
But if you wait, budget wisely and bide your time, then this Book of Ra Deluxe game can be very rewarding indeed.Start Playing at Casumo »
With a betting range of 0.10 up to 400 in cash per spin, Book of Ra Deluxe slot online should appeal to all types of budgets.
However if you are going to go after those lucrative free spins, then you will need to budget for a good 200 spins plus in order to find them. So be careful.
Players who like their games slow and steady, with the occasional high octane thrills, will enjoy this high variance slot.
The one downside we’d have to say is that the big wins are a little lacklustre in terms of graphics and sounds.
Basically, keep an eye out on your account balance to see exactly how much you’ve won.
Thankfully, like many slots providers, Novomatic have come to the conclusion that mobile gambling is on the rise.
Thus their are transforming many of their top online slots in to mobile slots. Including the Book of Ra Deluxe mobile slot.
You’ll find all the exact same bonus features, graphics and sounds as you do online, but smaller. In fact it might be better to play it on your Android phone or iPhone, than online or iPad where the slightly dated graphics are less obvious.
Which is exactly what you get here when you play the Book of Ra Deluxe slot online.
A highly volatile game with great game play and free spins round, that likes to give back after long periods of waiting. This is definitely one slot machine where patience is required.
Other slots in the collection include Dolphin’s Pearl Deluxe and Lady Lucky’s Charm Deluxe both of which are worth a try.
However if you find this game a little too much then we’d also recommend the highly entertaining and big hitting game 300 Shields slot from NextGen.
However, there’s nothing like ancient Egyptian treasures to make you dream of winning some exotic gold.Play Now at Casumo »
Get your Get 20 Free Spins on Sign Up + 100% up to €300 First Deposit Bonus at Casumo Casino T&Cs Apply 18+ New Players Only
Theoretically the game has a low 94.26% RTP leaving a higher than average 5.74% house edge.
The most you can win on a single spin is 5,000x your total bet. This can be achieved in the free spins thanks to a random expanding scatter symbol.
Good casinos with Novomatic slots will let you play this casino slot for free. Then once you’ve played in demo mode you’ll be able to take it for a real money spin. You might have to login or sign up first though.
The Book of Ra Deluxe slot is high volatility offering up long periods of little to no wins, but with the potential to win sizeable sums.