Gambling online is fun, entertaining and potentially profitable, but what it’s not is a sure way to make money and get rich quick.
Play for fun, play for entertainment, play safely, play to win, but never play with what you can’t afford
If you think it is then skip straight to getting help section below. Otherwise read on for tips on how to be responsible whilst playing slots and casino games online. Whether you play on your laptop, desktop, mobile phone or tablet it’s getting ever easier to spend your cash at casinos.
How to Gamble Responsibly
If you have been around the online gambling scene for a while you might already know these tips but for those of you who are new to the casino game then here’s our top tips on how to make sure you do it safely.
- Set yourself a limit: Never gamble with what you can’t afford to and ser yourself a limit that you can spend each day, each week or each month.
- Set your winnings aside: Keep an eye on your winnings and try and keep an eye on what you are wagering each session.
- Limit the amount of time you play: Set yourself a time limit and make sure your don’t spend hours chasing those wins.
- Talk to family, friends or casino staff: If you think you are spending to much time or money playing talk to others, get their advice and make sure the casino knows to set you limits.
How to Identify a Problem Gambler
Do you think you have a problem or think someone that you might know, a family member or friend perhaps does? Here’s a few things to look out for:
- You keep spending money to try and regain your losses and keep on playing
- You play with more than you can afford to. Ask to borrow money or use your overdraft or credit card to deposit.
- You no longer want to spend time with friends and family and would prefer to spend all your time gambling online.
- All the spare time you have you think about the next time you can spins a few spins
If you have noticed you do one or more of these points above then perhaps it’s time start talking to people and getting help. There are many anonymous services you can call who will listen and help. We list a few below.
Where to get help for you or someone you know
There are many places you can get help and depending on which country you reside the help will differ. Below we have a list of places that accept your calls anonymously along with a few help groups.
- GamblersAnonymous – gamblersanonymous.org
- ResponsibleGambling – responsiblegambling.org
- GamTalk – gamtalk.org
- ProblemGambling Canada – problemgambling.ca
- ProblemGambling Australia – problemgambling.vic.gov.au
Don’t forget, have fun, be entertained but don’t take it seriously otherwise this could be you.